You or your child is ready for orthodontic treatment? That is exciting news! I love being an orthodontist and the new patient consultation is one of my favorite appointments because I get to meet so many wonderful people.
Orthodontic appointments are usually very simple and fun. Here is what to expect at your first visit:
- Our friendly team at Frazier Orthodontics will welcome you and give you a tour of our office and modern technology.
- We will take photographs, xrays, and a 3D iTero scan of your smile and bite. The xrays that we take are different than the ones you get at your dental checkups. Orthodontic xrays include a panoramic xray, a lateral cephalometric xray, and sometimes a CBCT (3D xray). These xrays are used to look for missing teeth, extra teeth, and skeletal growth patterns. We also use them to evaluate the health of your teeth and the bone around your teeth.
- After that, I will perform an orthodontic exam. As an orthodontist, I review everything from the big picture (such as your profile and overall smile), to the very small details (such as the size and shape of your teeth). I evaluate your bite, jaw relationships, and growth patterns. During the orthodontic exam, we will discuss your smile goals and treatment concerns. I love educating my patients about their treatment options and together, we can determine the best treatment plan for you.
- We offer traditional braces, clear braces, Invisalign, clear aligners, tooth whitening, and retainers for patients of all ages.
- Once we design a treatment plan that is right for you or your child, we are ready to get started!
Starting your smile transformation is an exciting process. Our goal is to make straightening your teeth fun and efficient. We want visiting our practice to be one of the best parts of your day. We can’t wait to meet you and start your smile makeover!
Have a great day,